Issues with license activation, proxy settings?

Florian K.

Jul 24, 2020, 5:09:53 AM7/24/20
to Ant Media Server
Hello,
we are having some issues with some blocked connections, mainly the license activation.
The issue is that the server sits in our internal network and things like wget etc run over a proxy to reach the outside.

It seems like the AMS ignores that, frankly Im not that fluent in how the proxy is setup exactly.
The question is now if there are some settings were we can tell AMS to use the same proxy so it can communicate to the outside.

I also know there is EMail support for paying customers but the account holder is current not available, so we cant write a ticket over his mail.

Ant Media

Jul 29, 2020, 2:03:55 PM7/29/20
to mits...@googlemail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian K.,
We will try it on our side first and give feedback to you.

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec
, Florian K. <mits...@googlemail.com> wrote:
14531:1264838

Florian K.

Jul 29, 2020, 2:22:07 PM7/29/20
to Ant Media Server
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe as some additional info, we tried quite a few thing but in the end got stuck.
After we finally found the global settings for java (net.properties) we set the proxy there but that did not help.
We cross checked with a tiny java (just some curl test) program to see if proxy settings work and what arguments would need to be added.
So it didn't even matter what we tried to add to the start.sh, as even global settings are ignored by AMS, at least proxy settings.

We also tried some iptables rerouting through our proxy but since the activation is via https we just get an error from that.
"Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?" Maybe our proxy doesn't route things correctly in that regard, but I think HTTPS in general just doesn't work with that.

And well, the actual error message that happens with the failed license activation is simply that it can not reach the activation server, timed out.
Fun fact, with that not being able to go out we also can not use the support form in the webinterface or the YT/FB/Twitter connections.

Ant Media

Aug 1, 2020, 2:10:49 AM8/1/20
to mits...@googlemail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian K.,

One of my friend s working on issue. I will write you when I get an answer from him.

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec

Mitsuma

Aug 17, 2020, 4:46:05 AM8/17/20
to Ant Media Support, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.
Our network guy says its a regular Squid-Proxy. Lets call it "proxy-server".
It accepts http/https and ftp on port 3128 and depending on the requested protocol it goes out on 80, 443 or 21. Meaning the setting of https_proxy="http://proxy-server:3128" should work just fine with https connections and it does work for things like curl requests.
We never had any issues in regards to that.
AMS apparently ignores it and despite the set proxy it tries to go out over :443 directly to the activation url.

I hope that helps. Sorry for the minor delay, I have to ask a coworker about details who is responsible for some networking parts.

Best regards.

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 07:57, Ant Media Support <sup...@antmedia.io> wrote:
Hi Florian,

Sorry for the late response.
I have just found a chance to discuss your case again with our system engineer.
He needs to know more details about your proxy setup.
Firstly is it an HTTP or HTTPS proxy?

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec
On Sat, 1 Aug at 9:10 AM
, Ant Media <sup...@antmedia.freshdesk.com> wrote:
Hi Florian K.,

One of my friend s working on issue. I will write you when I get an answer from him.

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec
On Wed, 29 Jul at 9:22 PM

Ant Media schrieb am Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020 um 20:03:55 UTC+2:
Hi Florian K.,
We will try it on our side first and give feedback to you.

PS : Free or Paid one-on-one support and consultancy for your streaming project, please book at https://calendly.com/antmedia/
Regards,
Burak Kekec
On Fri, 24 Jul at 12:09 PM