How To Interrupt a Play?

Tiglath

Aug 4, 2014, 2:30:20 PM8/4/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com

The app deployment tasks in our firm require that certain steps be done by sysadmin only, so scripts pause while some file or directory gets created, before resuming.

Is there a way for ansible to cater or work around that?    I believe plays cannot be interactive....

Thanks

Tomasz Kontusz

Aug 4, 2014, 2:46:33 PM8/4/14
On 04.08.2014 20:30, Tiglath wrote:

The app deployment tasks in our firm require that certain steps be done by sysadmin only, so scripts pause while some file or directory gets created, before resuming.

Is there a way for ansible to cater or work around that?    I believe plays cannot be interactive....
You can use pause or wait_for modules for that - first will wait for confirmation, second will wait for file/open port to show up.

Thanks

Serge van Ginderachter

Aug 4, 2014, 2:59:57 PM8/4/14

On 4 August 2014 20:30, Tiglath <te...@tiglath.net> wrote:
The app deployment tasks in our firm require that certain steps be done by sysadmin only, so scripts pause while some file or directory gets created, before resuming.

Is there a way for ansible to cater or work around that?    I believe plays cannot be interactive....

​There is a ​library/utilities/pause module which can wait with a prompt.

Michael DeHaan

Aug 4, 2014, 4:18:22 PM8/4/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Yep, exactly!

I have considered implementing WS-HumanTask as a bad April Fools joke.