How do I exit Ansible playbook without error on a condition

Pandu jh

Nov 24, 2018, 12:19:26 PM11/24/18
to Ansible Project
I have 3 plays in a playbook. In a task in 1st play, If the desired value is not set to variable, the execution should exist with success status and remaining plays also should not get executed.

Kai Stian Olstad

Nov 24, 2018, 12:35:12 PM11/24/18
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
You could put play 2 and 3 in it's own file and use import_playbook: in play 1 with a when statement.
Because import is static all the task in the plays will be imported and executed but because of the when they will all be skipped.

--
Kai Stian Olstad

Uwe Sauter

Nov 24, 2018, 12:54:29 PM11/24/18
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.7/modules/meta_module.html

- meta: end_play
when: condition is true

Pandu jh

Nov 26, 2018, 4:54:00 AM11/26/18
to Ansible Project
Thanks for your update.  But I have multiple plays in my playbook and those plays are being executed on hosts using add_hosts module.

"end_play" is terminated only that particular play and the following plays are being executed.

Pandu jh

Nov 26, 2018, 4:59:54 AM11/26/18
to Ansible Project
Thanks for your response.  my playbook has multiple plays and hosts value will be passed between plays through add_host module. output of a task of one play is the host value of the next play.
So, Please let me know how to pass host from one playbook to playbook.