[ansible-project] ansible communication to windows

Olivier SECRET

Jan 14, 2020, 5:03:14 PM1/14/20
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I discovered ansible recently.

I would like to use the ansible for the deployment of software on a fleet under Windows 7 and 10.

I plan to use CredSSP authentication in order to use a local account on the target machines.

On the server hosting ansible, I installed via pip3 the request-credssp packages as well as pywinrm.
On the client computer I run the script https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/examples/scripts/ConfigureRemotingForAnsible.ps1

I have made several attempts to configure with more or less success.

I came across an article which signals that credssp poses security risks because the password is sent in the clear over the network.

I am seeking the help of the community in order to successfully configure a secure way to communicate between Windows and ansible clients.

Thanks in advance for the help