docker module

Mark Olliver

Jul 6, 2014, 4:40:00 PM7/6/14
to ansible-project
Hi,

Is there a way to pass the docker-module a set of parameters so that it can login to a repository to download private repos. Currently I have it downloading public ones ok but I can not get our private ones to pull.

Thanks

Mark

--
MARK OLLIVER
HEAD OF IT OPERATIONS

T. +44(0) 20 7775 5628

Infectious Media
3-7 Herbal Hill / London / EC1R 5EJ
www.infectiousmedia.com

Infectious Media
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately, and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose, or store, or copy the information in any medium. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer.

Paul Durivage

Jul 7, 2014, 11:03:34 AM7/7/14
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Docker images in private repos should have be accessed by the private repo's FQDN, for example:

When pulling by this image name, it's implied that the registry is at docker.example.com and is accessible to the Docker host.  It looks like the Docker module makes mention of API usernames and passwords, implying that it has the capability to authenticated against hub.docker.io and any registry that uses the index/hub authentication.  I'd have to look through the source code to be sure, but I think that's what it's doing.  The docker image module doens't have this capability.

At any rate, check out what auth mechanism you're using on your private index, check that the docker host has access to the registry.

For what it's worth, I use the docker module to work against my private registry, and it works without issue.