Callback plugin to list tasks that were not run

Mumshad Mannambeth

Oct 17, 2016, 11:21:33 PM10/17/16
to Ansible Project
Does the methods in a callback plugin expose any kind of information which lists all tasks that were not run because the playbook failed at a step.

For example, I have Tasks 1 to 10. The playbook ended due to an error on Task 5. Can I get a list of remaining tasks marked as not_run?

Thanks
Mumshad

Brian Coca

Oct 17, 2016, 11:38:18 PM10/17/16
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
not currently, since tasks can be dynamically generated this is not something that I see us adding.

Brian Coca

Mumshad Mannambeth

Oct 18, 2016, 1:55:32 AM10/18/16
to Ansible Project
Thank you! I am trying to find a good way to restart playbook were it left off after a failure. start-at-task doesn't help if there are multiple tasks with the same name. Are there any alternatives?