Migration from Control M to Ansible Tower

Barun Sharma

Aug 6, 2017, 12:50:18 AM8/6/17
to Ansible Project
I posted this question in other forum but no reply I received. My question as how logical(Efficiency and cost effective) it is to migrate from Control M to Ansible tower, whether it will be radical changes? Can we also manage conditional pipeline run in Ansible?

Rick Harris

Nov 21, 2017, 8:13:37 PM11/21/17
to Ansible Project
On Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 11:50:18 PM UTC-5, Barun Sharma wrote:
> I posted this question in other forum but no reply I received. My question as how logical(Efficiency and cost effective) it is to migrate from Control M to Ansible tower, whether it will be radical changes? Can we also manage conditional pipeline run in Ansible?

The two products have different use cases so it depends on what you use Control-M for.
See https://www.itcentralstation.com/products/comparisons/ansible_vs_bmc-control-m for a quick reference of what each is good at.
Ansible can use work flows where the next job is based on the success or failure of the one before it but nothing like Control-M where conditions can be from other tables or even other data centers.