How to store ansible vault password in jenkins

jassi

Feb 2, 2018, 4:48:24 AM2/2/18
to Ansible Project
Hi All,

 We are using ansible vault to encrypt group_vars in our environment. We are using github to store code and jenkins for CI. I am able to use ansible vault locally but I want to use  ansible vault in automated system . I don't understand "how to use ansible vault with jenkins and github and where to store vault password so that jenkins server can decrypt  encrypted variables on remote machine" .

Thanks,
Jassi

Malcolm Hussain-Gambles

Feb 2, 2018, 2:52:31 PM2/2/18
to Ansible Project
I assume you add it as a credential. The latest Jenkins ansible plugin supports it