Proxmox Module keeps saying "authorization on proxmox cluster failed with exception: Couldn't authenticate user"

Florian

Aug 12, 2017, 7:10:46 PM8/12/17
to Ansible Project
Hello there Ansible community,

I hope this is the right place to ask, if not please let me know.
My goal is to fully automate the provising of containers, which includes the creation of a Proxmox container.

So I tried the following playbook task:

- name: 'Create Proxmox container'
    proxmox: 'api_host=moon api_user=root api_password=<not-shown> vmid=200 hostname=ansible-test01 ip_address=10.49.99.99 ostemplate=my-template.tgz password=<not-shown> state=present'

Whatever I try, the module tells me "authorization on proxmox cluster failed with exception: Couldn't authenticate user".
Do I need to setup something special in Proxmox? On the Web GUI (Port 8006) the logins works without issues.

Any idea or pointers?
Thanks a lot!

Florian

Kai Stian Olstad

Aug 12, 2017, 8:52:15 PM8/12/17
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
On 13. aug. 2017 01:10, 'Florian' via Ansible Project wrote:
> I hope this is the right place to ask, if not please let me know.

It's the correct place.

> So I tried the following playbook task:
>
> - name: 'Create Proxmox container'
> proxmox: 'api_host=moon api_user=root api_password=<not-shown> vmid=200
> hostname=ansible-test01 ip_address=10.49.99.99 ostemplate=my-template.tgz
> password=<not-shown> state=present'
>
> Whatever I try, the module tells me "authorization on proxmox cluster
> failed with exception: Couldn't authenticate user".
> Do I need to setup something special in Proxmox? On the Web GUI (Port 8006)
> the logins works without issues.

Ansible documentation and Proxmox api documentation say you should use
username root@pam , have you tried that?

--
Kai Stian Olstad
Message has been deleted