Difficulty in working with the ansible development version. Getting ansible not installed message

Harshal Shinde

May 27, 2019, 7:08:24 AM5/27/19
to Ansible Project
I was facing difficulties in installing ansible on my Ubuntu machine.
So I cloned the development version of ansible from github.
I generated the ssh keys, established a ssh connection with a remote system which I was testing with.
Now I wanted to run "ansible all -m ping" but I am getting the error that ansible is currently not installed.
How can I run this command using just the development version of ansible which I had cloned from github .
Any help would be extremely appreciated

Jonathan Lozada De La Matta

May 27, 2019, 7:10:27 AM5/27/19
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Did you install it? all you mentioned was that you git cloned it. Check the installation guide in how to install dev.

Jonathan Lozada De La Matta on mobile

Could you share the commands to install it after git cloning the development version of ansible.
Or the link of any page which has the instructions would be highly appreciated

Jonathan Lozada De La Matta

May 27, 2019, 9:10:42 AM5/27/19

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 8:55 AM Harshal Shinde <hshar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Could you share the commands to install it after git cloning the development version of ansible.
Or the link of any page which has the instructions would be highly appreciated

Jonathan Cha'gara Lozada De La Matta

He / Him / His

Automation Practice

Senior Automation Consultant & Automation CoP Manager

Red Hat