Running ios_template on mac osx under virtualenv

Dustin Dean

Oct 17, 2016, 12:13:48 PM10/17/16
to Ansible Project
Hello Everyone,

I am getting the following error below when I try to run the ios_command module.

fatal: [switch]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "paramiko is required but does not appear to be installed"}

Ive tried updating paramiko to the latest version and it still doesn't work. I am running ansible on a macbook pro under virtualenv.

ansible (2.1.2.0)
cffi (1.8.3)
cryptography (1.5.2)
enum34 (1.1.6)
Glances (2.6.2)
idna (2.1)
ipaddress (1.0.17)
Jinja2 (2.8)
MarkupSafe (0.23)
netaddr (0.7.18)
netmiko (0.5.6)
paramiko (2.0.2)
pip (8.1.2)
psutil (4.3.0)
pyasn1 (0.1.9)
pycparser (2.14)
pycrypto (2.6.1)
PyYAML (3.11)
requests (2.11.1)
scp (0.10.2)
setuptools (28.5.0)
six (1.10.0)
speedtest-cli (0.3.4)
virtualenv (15.0.3)
wheel (0.30.0a0)

Peter Sprygada

Oct 17, 2016, 11:11:27 PM10/17/16
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
You are most likely picking up the wrong Python interpreter.  Add the following line to your inventory file:

[all:vars]
ansible_python_interpreter=python