Ansible 2.4 to 2.5 files - file module change

Mike Garris

Apr 10, 2018, 3:49:03 PM4/10/18
to Ansible Project
Am I reading the docs correctly with regards to the file module being changed?

If so, I got some long night playbook updating to start here soon!

Matt Martz

Apr 10, 2018, 4:05:12 PM4/10/18
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
There is an issue with the docs generation that is confusing modules and other plugins of the same name.  As such, you are seeing the doc information for the `file` lookup, on the "latest" docs.

The correct docs for the file modules can be seen at:

We hope to have this resolved soon.

Matt Martz
@sivel
sivel.net

Jan Fader

Apr 11, 2018, 2:42:23 PM4/11/18
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

Am Tue 10. Apr. 2018, hat Mike Garris geschrieben:
> Am I reading the docs correctly with regards to the file module being
> changed?

The module file.py in plugins still "Sets attributes of files"
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/stable-2.5/lib/ansible/modules/files/file.py
in 2.5 but the link is pointing to the file.py in lookup-plugins.

Seems like this error is only in the documentation. I've checked a fresh
build of the docs and the wrong link is already fixed there.

Regards
Jan