win_part and win_volume.

Varun Chopra

Feb 20, 2018, 2:41:31 AM2/20/18
to Ansible Project
Is there a plan to implement modules for cmdlets like *-Partition, *-Volume?

Or I guess they're already there and I'm missing something. o_O

Jordan Borean

Feb 20, 2018, 2:59:52 AM2/20/18
to Ansible Project
There are no module right now that can do that for Windows. There was a PR to add a module that did both but due to the complexity it was decided it needed to be split into different modules along the lines of volumes and partitions. This work would need to be done and if you are interested the PR for it is here https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/27634.

Thanks

Jordan

Varun Chopra

Feb 20, 2018, 3:22:54 AM2/20/18
to Ansible Project
Yeah, I agree it wouldn't make sense to put it into a single module. Guess I'll keep an eye on that PR.

Thanks.