Dependencies from private repo

Karibou Hunter

Sep 20, 2016, 10:53:54 AM9/20/16
to Ansible Project
Hi all,

I am trying to automatically pull roles within a role meta/main.yml dependencies.

I have seen something deleted on documentation about this format :
dependencies:

- { role: 'git+http://git.example.com/repos/role-foo,v1.1,foo' }

I am using Ansible 2.1.0.0, and I have the same behaviour than Brian in this ML.

Do we must use ansible-galaxy install command with requirements.yml file before executing the playbook ?

Thanks in advance

Alexander H. Laughlin

Sep 21, 2016, 10:47:15 PM9/21/16
to Ansible Project
Hi Karibou,

I think what you're looking for is the Vault. You can store the url in your vault with the username and password included. That file would look like this:

And you would adjust the play in your email as follows:

dependencies:

- { role: role-foo-url }

Alternatively you could put just the username and password in the vault and do the replacement on execution of the play itself.

Thanks,
Alex

Karibou Hunter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:01:49 AM9/30/16
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response, but I think you misunderstood what I am trying to achieve.
I want to pull automatically with dependencies, the corresponding roles.

I tried differents solutions, and the one with usage of requirements.yml before playbook launch seems best.