Installing Jenkins plugins with their dependencies

JiElPe-Fr38

Apr 3, 2018, 8:13:45 AM4/3/18
to Ansible Project
Dear all,

I have created a jenkins role that creates a jenkins instance and add plugins.
The task related to plugins is as follows :

- name: Install plugins
  jenkins_plugin:
    group: "{{ jenkins_process_group }}"
    owner: "{{ jenkins_process_user }}"
    name: "{{ item }}"
    state: latest
    url: "http://{{ jenkins_hostname }}:{{ jenkins_http_port }}{{ jenkins_url_prefix }}"
    url_username: "{{ jenkins_admin_name }}"
    url_password: "{{ jenkins_admin_password }}"
    with_dependencies: yes

  with_items: "{{ jenkins_plugins }}"
  notify: restart jenkins
  become: True
  become_user: "{{ jenkins_process_user }}"

All variables being known from files in vars or defaults.

Plugins listed in the {{ jenkins_plugins }} list are those I actually want. No dependency is listed here as I was hoping that the
with_dependencies: yes clause will install them.
It is absolutely not the case !
The listed plugins are installed (so there is no access rights or credentials problem), but the dependencies are not.
When going to the WEB UI, I have a context page that suggests me to install dependencies.

I can't find a way to get rid off that... If someone could help ?

Best Regards
J-L

Message has been deleted

Biswadip Dutta

Apr 4, 2018, 4:52:09 AM4/4/18
to Ansible Project
state: latest

Please remove this and try. Apparently this is an open issue on Github. #24864

JiElPe-Fr38

Apr 5, 2018, 4:07:17 AM4/5/18
to Ansible Project
Thanks a lot... After removing latest dependencies have been installed.
So... let's wait for the fix !

Best Regards
J-L