Missing modules on Ubuntu 16.04 after apt install of Ansible

Ilhaan Rasheed

Aug 9, 2017, 12:35:04 PM8/9/17
to Ansible Project
I followed the install instructions here to install Ansible on Ubuntu 16.04. There seems to be missing modules in this installation, here is an example:

user@server:~$ ansible localhost -m known_host

localhost | FAILED! => {

   "failed": true,

    "msg": "The module known_host was not found in configured module paths. Additionally, core modules are missing. If this is a checkout, run 'git pull --rebase' to correct this problem."

How can I fix this? Can I pull the ansible git repo and point to the modules in the ansible cofig file?

Dick Visser

Aug 9, 2017, 4:50:19 PM8/9/17
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hii

Looks like you've made a typo.
The module is called known_hosts (plural).

Dick

Dick Visser
GÉANT

Want to join us? We're hiring: https://www.geant.org/jobs