Elasticache Redis clustered mode

WZ

Feb 21, 2018, 9:45:39 AM2/21/18
to Ansible Project
Hi,

I'm trying to spin up a clustered mode of redis instance and it seems like this results in ansible trying to spin up a non clustered mode of redis. There is no parameter for clustered mode, so only way for signifying cluster seems to be setting cluster.on in parameter group. Below is my yml

- name: Provision cluster redis aws
  hosts: localhost
  connection: local
  tasks:
  - name: Set up redis cluster
    elasticache:
      name: "clustered-redis"
      state: present
      engine: redis
      region: "us-east-1"
      cache_engine_version: 3.2.10
      node_type: cache.t2.small
      num_nodes: 1
      cache_port: "6379"
      cache_parameter_group: "default.redis3.2.cluster.on"

Below is the error I get back from running above, (aws access keys set as env variable)

 "msg": "An error occurred (InvalidParameterCombination) when calling the CreateCacheCluster operation: Cluster mode should be disabled in parameter group, but found it is enabled.",

Is there support for a clustered mode of redis on AWS Elasticache?

Musah Zakariah

Jan 25, 2024, 9:17:16 AMJan 25
to Ansible Project
I could not find a module for elasticache where cluster on,
however,  I used the command module to create the elasticache,

aws elasticache create-replication-group --replication-group-id xxxx    --cache-parameter-group-name "default.redis7.1.cluster.on"

creating a replication group can use the default.redis7.1.cluster.on"