Ansible Tower can't reach SCM source or remote host.

Pranav Baitule

Feb 8, 2018, 3:16:02 PM2/8/18
to Ansible Project
Hello,

I have installed Ansible Tower on Ubuntu using Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Starting an SCM update or running a playbook against a remote host gives me the following error -

Can't create signalfd: Function not implemented
    Failed to make / slave: Invalid argument

How can I fix this?

J Hawkesworth

Feb 9, 2018, 6:37:53 AM2/9/18
to Ansible Project
WSL doesn't support every function available in the linux kernel unfortunately.

There's a bug report open for signalfd here

If I recall Tower wants a fair bit of RAM etc so you are probably better off spinning up a dedicated VM for it.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Pranav Baitule

Feb 9, 2018, 2:49:43 PM2/9/18
to Ansible Project
Ah. Everything works now with a dedicated VM. Thank you.