Using a bash script in github by the ansible playbook

Michał Misiak

May 10, 2019, 7:35:30 AM5/10/19
to Ansible Project
Hi,

I have some bash scripts which I use in my ansible playbooks by script module. Now, I would like to move my bash scripts to github and still use them in my ansible playbooks, but directly from github. How can I do this? Which module do I have to use?

Best regards,
Michał

Dick Visser

May 10, 2019, 8:08:28 AM5/10/19
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
The script module transfers a local script to a remote host and then
executes it there.
You could use the get_url module to get a script from github, and then
the command or shell module to run it on the remote node.

Dick

Dick Visser
Trust & Identity Service Operations Manager
GÉANT