Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Michael Cooper

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 6:02:1816/3/20
a Ansible Project
Hey Guys,

       I am trying to get ansible working on docker. The image that I am using is ansible/ansible and there are no instructions for a run line on it.

So this is what I tried but it doesn't work.

docker run -dit --name cfANS --ip xxx.xxx.x.xx --network=CFSNET -p 22:22 -v /mnt/clusterfs/ansible:/etc/ansible ansible/ansible

The following is the result of the run line:
a1cd233bf9f2        ansible/ansible:ubuntu1604   "/sbin/init"        7 seconds ago       Exite                                         d (1) 4 seconds ago

Any help with this would be appreciated
Thanks everyone

Felix Fontein

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 6:17:0716/3/20
a ansible...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

according to the description on
https://hub.docker.com/r/ansible/ansible the Docker image
ansible/ansible is "[...] for automated testing of Ansible. They do not
include Ansible and are not for end users."

So please don't use that image if you want to run Ansible.

I'm not sure whether there are pre-built images for running Ansible,
especially because the requirements depend a lot on which plugins you
are using. You probably need to create your own: base it on some image
which includes Python and install Ansible and all requirements via pip.

Cheers,
Felix

PS: please note that not all participants are male on this mailing list.

Michael Cooper

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 8:05:0916/3/20
a Ansible Project
Hello Felix,

I kind of figured that was going to be the story.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to do this, I am tring to get away from the VM route and go with containers. I will have to keep researching.

Thanks,

Phil Griffiths

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 16:19:1116/3/20
a Ansible Project
Hi Michael

You might want to check out ansible-runner: https://ansible-runner.readthedocs.io/en/latest/container.html
There's also something like molecule which is designed for testing roles, and can be used with docker: https://molecule.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
If you want to see how the latter works, check out this exercise: https://github.com/pharriso/ansible_workshop/tree/master/exercises/ansible_rhel/molecule

Regards
Phil.

Claudia de Luna

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 22:54:3416/3/20
a Ansible Project

Michael Mullay

no leída,
16 mar 2020, 23:12:3516/3/20
a ansible...@googlegroups.com
I created a docker container to install Ansible for testing different versions, etc. As folks here have mentioned, it's not really the purpose of the ansible/ansible image. However, I just run it with a sleep command at run time, for like 29000 seconds (eight hours) since the container has to execute something. It's a bit of a hack, but then I have a purpose built docker container with Ansible.

Michael Cooper

no leída,
17 mar 2020, 1:50:0817/3/20
a ansible...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, This looks very promising.

--

Michael A Cooper

Linux Certified / Docker Certified

http://www.coopfire.com

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:02:18 AM UTC-7, Michael Cooper wrote:

Hey Guys,

       I am trying to get ansible working on docker. The image that I am using is ansible/ansible and there are no instructions for a run line on it.

So this is what I tried but it doesn't work.

docker run -dit --name cfANS --ip xxx.xxx.x.xx --network=CFSNET -p 22:22 -v /mnt/clusterfs/ansible:/etc/ansible ansible/ansible

The following is the result of the run line:

a1cd233bf9f2        ansible/ansible:ubuntu1604   "/sbin/init"        7 seconds ago       Exite                                         d (1) 4 seconds ago

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks everyone

Michael Cooper

no leída,
17 mar 2020, 1:51:5717/3/20
a ansible...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Phil, I appreciate it.

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:17:07 AM UTC-4, Felix Fontein wrote:

Hi,

according to the description on
https://hub.docker.com/r/ansible/ansible the Docker image

ansible/ansible is "[..] for automated testing of Ansible. They do not

include Ansible and are not for end users."

So please don't use that image if you want to run Ansible.

I'm not sure whether there are pre-built images for running Ansible,
especially because the requirements depend a lot on which plugins you
are using. You probably need to create your own: base it on some image
which includes Python and install Ansible and all requirements via pip.

Cheers,
Felix

PS: please note that not all participants are male on this mailing list.

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 03:02:17 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Cooper <nexus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
>        I am trying to get ansible working on docker. The image that I
> am using is ansible/ansible and there are no instructions for a run
> line on it.
>
> So this is what I tried but it doesn't work.
>
> docker run -dit --name cfANS --ip xxx.xxx.x.xx --network=CFSNET -p
> 22:22 -v /mnt/clusterfs/ansible:/etc/ansible ansible/ansible
>
> The following is the result of the run line:
> a1cd233bf9f2        ansible/ansible:ubuntu1604   "/sbin/init"
> 7 seconds ago       Exite                                         d
> (1) 4 seconds ago
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated
> Thanks everyone

Responder a todos