Want to add hidden password for url

vaishnavi kakad

Oct 22, 2021, 9:50:27 AM10/22/21
to Ansible Project
Hi All,

How we can add the hidden password in Ansible ?

For eg :
- name: Download image files
  get_url:
    url: http://0.0.0.0/XYZ.tar.gz
    url_username:XYZ
    url_password: *********   (I want to add hidden password here. )

Can you please let me know if you have any idea .

Thanks,
Vaishnavi

Jorge Rúa

Oct 22, 2021, 10:21:08 AM10/22/21
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
Have you considered using secrets?

Paulo Silva

Oct 22, 2021, 5:19:37 PM10/22/21
to ansible...@googlegroups.com

vaishnavi kakad

Oct 29, 2021, 9:47:09 AM10/29/21
to Ansible Project
Hi All,

I don't want to use encryption and decryption . Whatever I typed in url_password it will show in star(*) format. Is it possible to write ?

Thanks,
vk

Antony Stone

Oct 29, 2021, 10:08:05 AM10/29/21
On Friday 29 October 2021 at 15:47:09, vaishnavi kakad wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't want to use encryption and decryption . Whatever I typed in *
> url_password *it will show in star(*) format. Is it possible to write ?

Are you saying that you wish to put a visible password into the text of a
playbook?

If so, what do you mean by "hidden"?

Alternatively, are you saying that you wish to put something into a playbook
which cannot be read as a password (so, the password is "hidden"), but which
Ansible can use in order to authenticate?

If so, where do you expect to put the real password, so that Ansible knows
what it is?

Antony.

--
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.