Roles are download to a different directory when running ansible-galaxy install?

ZillaYT

Feb 14, 2018, 5:39:46 PM2/14/18
to Ansible Project
Ansible v2.4.0.0

I have a requirements file that specifies the Git repo for each role that I want to use in my playbook, and I do the following to install the roles from our internal galaxy

cd /path_to_playbook
ansible
-galaxy install -r requirements/requirements1.yml -p ./roles

and I expect the roles to be download in /path_to_playbook/roles, but instead are downloaded in /home/myuser/.ansible/roles. My ansible.cfg file does NOT have the roles path defined, and I don't want it to. Any ideas why?