Support for Cloudformation change sets

Toni Juvani

Sep 20, 2016, 2:31:47 PM9/20/16
to Ansible Project
Hi,

We have implemented our AWS resource stacks using Cloudformation templates chained using Ansible. Previously the problem has been that I don't know for sure what is going to happen after schanges to the templates and running the it in.

I've noticed that Cloudformation now supports Change Sets that serve as results for a dry run for any Cloudformation template. Is there any way to generate Changes Sets using Ansible + Cloudformation?

Br,

Toni

Ted Timmons

Sep 23, 2016, 11:11:33 AM9/23/16
to Ansible Project

Last I looked, changesets were available though the AWS console only. I'd love to be wrong on this.

Ted Timmons

Sep 23, 2016, 11:12:14 AM9/23/16
to Ansible Project

Er, I think they are available in boto3 too.