Using Ansible from host through bastion to private IP

Josh B

Sep 30, 2019, 3:56:31 PM9/30/19
to Ansible Development
Hello everyone!
I have been an ansible and AWX user for years and love it!!

I have a new project underway.  I am running ansible from my mac.  I need to connect to a private IP that is in a  restricted VPC.  I have a bastion host and can access this machine with no issues.  The bastion can also run ansible commands on the private host.

Where I am seeing issues is when I use Ansible from the host ---  SSH to the bastion   Then from the bastion hop to the private IP.  Ansible seems to loose the credentials along the way.  I have followed several posts with configuration ideas (including Ansible's approach) and none seem to work.

I am able to proxy SSH through the bastion and hit the destination device from my local machine with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Josh