Ansible Contributor Summit 7 (Part of AnsibleFest 2019 Atlanta)

John Barker

Sep 11, 2019, 12:10:49 PM9/11/19
to ansibl...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody.

As usual, the day before AnsibleFest we are hosting Contributor Summit. this will take place in Atlanta, though we welcome people to join virtually for some/all of the day.

Ansible Contributor Summit is made up of a one-day session with the Ansible Core, Ansible AWX (Tower), and Ansible Galaxy Teams from Red Hat, as well as and key contributors to discuss important issues affecting the Ansible community. You can participate in person or online.

This year this is taking place on Monday 23rd September and will be streamed online and you can make your voice heard via IRC. When is this in my timezone?

Matrix Chat: freenode_#ansible-community:matrix.org
Freenode IRC: #ansible-community
Video: Check Etherpad on the day of the URL

Topics

The following is a rough agenda, please feel free to recommend other topics you’d like to address on the Etherpad:

  • General updates

  • Data analysis of the Issue and PR Backlog

  • Ansible Collections (a large part of the morning)

  • Breakout: Collections for Community & Partners

  • Breakout: Ansible and Networking

  • Breakout: Ansible and Security Automation

  • Breakout: Ansible and Cloud Management

  • Breakout: AWX (open source Ansible Tower)

You can find the topics for all of the above linked from the main Etherpad.

Call to Action!

Even if you can only make a small part of the day, or maybe can't attend at all, there are still ways to make your voice heard and take part:

  • Add your thoughts, ideas, and questions to the Breakout Agenda

  • Vote on what you'd like to be discussed (ie add +yourname)

Background Reading

A large part of Monday Morning will be around "Ansible Collections", to get up to speed on what the current thoughts are, the following links will help you:

Even if you can't attend this will be worth a skim read

Any questions, please let me know.

John "gundalow" Barker
Principal Engineer
Ansible by Red Hat