New Ansible release 2.9.0rc2

Toshio Kuratomi

Oct 3, 2019, 9:35:45 PM10/3/19
to ansible-devel
Hi all- we're happy to announce that the general release of Ansible
2.9.0rc2 is now available!

How do you get it?
------------------

$ pip install ansible==2.9.0rc2 --user

The tar.gz of the release can be found here:

* 2.9.0rc2
https://releases.ansible.com/ansible/ansible-2.9.0rc2.tar.gz
SHA256: 60cee56ff5ecd5560836392247010b450efd037c3b8eb164a7824a34b320f305

What's new in 2.9.0rc2
----------------------
2.9.0rc2 contains a few fixes over 2.9.0rc1 and one behaviour change.
The ansible-galaxy collection install command now has a default value
for the path so you don't need to specify -p unless you want it to
install somewhere else.

The full changelog is at:

* 2.9.0rc2
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/stable-2.9/changelogs/CHANGELOG-v2.9.rst

What's the schedule for future 2.9.0 releases?

Because of the changes in 2.9.0rc2 we've decided to slip final one
week. You can expect it on October 17, 2019. This gives us time for
an rc3 on October 10 if any blockers in the new features comes up.

Porting Help
------------

We've published a porting guide at
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/devel/porting_guides/porting_guide_2.9.html to
help migrate your content to 2.9.

If you discover any errors or if any of your working playbooks break when you
upgrade to 2.9.0rc2, please use the following link to report the regression:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/new/choose

In your issue, be sure to mention the Ansible version that works and the one
that doesn't.

Thanks!

-Toshio Kuratomi