New Ansible release 2.8.5

Toshio Kuratomi

Sep 12, 2019, 9:45:35 PM9/12/19
to ansible-devel, ansible...@googlegroups.com, ansible-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all- we're happy to announce that the general release of Ansible
2.8.5 is now available!

How do you get it?
------------------

$ pip install ansible==2.8.5 --user

The tar.gz of the release can be found here:

* 2.8.5
https://releases.ansible.com/ansible/ansible-2.8.5.tar.gz
SHA256: 8e9403e755ce8ef27b6066cdd7a4c567aa80ebe2fd90d0ff8efa0a725d246986

What's new in 2.8.5
-------------------

This release is a maintenance release containing numerous bugfixes. The full
changelog is at:

* 2.8.5
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/stable-2.8/changelogs/CHANGELOG-v2.8.rst

What's the schedule for future maintenance releases?

The 2.9.0 release is just around the corner. (Release candidates
should hopefully start next week). So just as we did when 2.8.0
entered the final stages before release, we'll be deferring releases
of the older branch until after the 2.9.0 release is out. At that
point we'll release 2.8.6 and then end the regularly scheduled
releases of 2.8.x (only critical and maintenance bugfixes from that
point forward).

Porting Help
------------

We've published a porting guide at
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/devel/porting_guides/porting_guide_2.8.html to
help migrate your content to 2.8.

If you discover any errors or if any of your working playbooks break when you
upgrade to 2.8.5, please use the following link to report the regression:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/new/choose

In your issue, be sure to mention the Ansible version that works and the one
that doesn't.

Thanks!

-Toshio Kuratomi