Inventori plugin and vault

Claudio Papa

Aug 24, 2019, 3:48:46 PM8/24/19
to Ansible Development
Hi, I'm developing an inventory plugin that contain some ansible vaulted data.
I don't know how to decode this data, I've tried with dataloader without lucky, what is the most stable way to decode (or encode) yaml data vaulted?

Josh R

Aug 26, 2019, 9:51:53 PM8/26/19
to Ansible Development
With inventory plugins, the only way I got it to work is to encode the entire yaml file. It then gets decoded when —vault-Id is passed

Serge van Ginderachter

Aug 26, 2019, 10:40:42 PM8/26/19
to Josh R, ansible-devel