ecs_tag

Michael Pechner

Nov 4, 2019, 12:47:29 AM11/4/19
to Ansible Development
I wrote an ecs_tag module based on  the ec2_tag code.
It only handles tagging ecs_clusters at the moment, since that is all I need.

The boto3 ecs client call tag_resources can tag services and tasks as well.

Questions:
First if I put in the effort to follow the process for creating test cases for a pull request, is there interest?
Two, should I write it requiring ARN's only like the boto3 call? Or allow ARN, cluster, service, task, task_definition, or container parameters to allow the resource to be identified?

Michael Pechner

Nov 11, 2019, 8:45:09 PM11/11/19
to Ansible Development
Are the crickets this groups manor of telling me there is no interest in this functionality?

Brian Coca

Nov 12, 2019, 9:07:27 AM11/12/19
to Michael Pechner, Ansible Development
You might want to try the aws working group
https://github.com/ansible/community/tree/master/group-aws, probably a
more focused audience to express interest on this.

The irc channel is most likely to get you a more immediate response.

--
Brian Coca