E-mail stability

Hendrix

Feb 11, 2021, 5:14:37 AM2/11/21
to Annex WiFi RDS
I am trying to send one email a day which contains the external IP-address.
The code below sends an email every minute, just for testing purposes.
It works but it is not stable, see screenshot.
Any ideas to help me further?

Henk

EMAIL.SETUP "smtp.gmail.com", 465, "emailaddress", "password"

OldTime$=mid$(time$,4,2)
NewTime$=OldTime$

do
  NewTime$=mid$(time$,4,2)

  If NewTime$<>OldTime$ then

    OldTime$=NewTime$
    print "New Time: ";NewTime$
    r=3

    a$= "External IP-address= " + WGET$("api.ipify.org/", 443)
    r = EMAIL ("from", "to", "Message from Annex "+ NewTime$,  A$)

    select case r
      case 0
        print "Email failed at " + NewTime$
      case 1
        print "Email success > " + A$
      case else
        print "Status unknown "
    end select

    print

  endif
loop

cicciocb

Feb 11, 2021, 7:29:08 AM2/11/21
to Annex WiFi RDS
Hi,
does this happens on the ESP8266 or ESP32?

Hendrix

Feb 11, 2021, 7:32:20 AM2/11/21
to Annex WiFi RDS
Hi,

This is a ESP8266, NodeMCU

ciccio cb

Feb 11, 2021, 7:58:33 AM2/11/21
to Annex WiFi RDS
Maybe the problem comes from the short sequence between the WGET$ and the EMAIL.
In fact both WGET and EMAIL use SSL connection that consumes a lot of RAM
You can use the "debug" mode for the email and see what happens in the terminal.

simply add a ,1 at the end of the setup line as below :
EMAIL.SETUP "smtp.gmail.com", 465, "emailaddress", "password" ,1

Message has been deleted

Hendrix

Feb 11, 2021, 1:09:36 PM2/11/21
to Annex WiFi RDS
I tried the module at my friends house. It works 100% over there so the problem is in my network somewhere and has nothing to do with Annex.

Sorry for bothering you...

Henk