AnkiDroid

Ethan Rhodes

Sep 7, 2021, 6:53:37 AM9/7/21
to public...@ankidroid.org
How do you reset settings to default?

Mike Hardy

Sep 7, 2021, 3:44:19 PM9/7/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Ethan Rhodes, public...@ankidroid.org

Interesting question - there is no "reset to default" button available, no one has ever asked for that in the few years I've been involved in the project :-)

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but could focus your efforts (for example in checking the manual for whatever settings you're interested in the most and setting them to whatever the described default is, or perhaps using a parallel release then comparing between the two - you can try parallel release A here https://github.com/ankidroid/Anki-Android/releases/tag/v2.15.6)

-Mike

On 9/7/21 5:53 AM, Ethan Rhodes wrote:
How do you reset settings to default?

Nicolas Raoul

Sep 8, 2021, 4:44:41 AM9/8/21
to anki-android, Ethan Rhodes, public...@ankidroid.org
Hi,

How about removing your AnkiDroid folder and resetting the app's storage in the Android settings, maybe?
Obviously that will delete your data, but no problem if you have your decks synchronized to AnkiWeb.

Thanks for using AnkiDroid!
Nicolas Raoul

Mike Hardy

Sep 8, 2021, 9:47:55 AM9/8/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas Raoul, Ethan Rhodes, public...@ankidroid.org

I considered offering that as a solution but then I remembered a lot of the settings are in the collection config and deck configs, so they will come right back on sync. Without a real specific feature that tracks defaults and can restore them (in all places) I don't think there's a good answer...

-Mike