Can I draw on cards before revealing the answer?

awakea...@gmail.com

May 16, 2014, 6:57:57 AM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, when practicing Kanji on Ankidroid before revealing the correct writing I tend to draw with my finger the character on the screen. It would be cool if I could actually draw the character. Is that possible?

ospalh

May 16, 2014, 7:47:50 AM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, awakea...@gmail.com

Am Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 12:57:57 UTC+2 schrieb awakea...@gmail.com:
Hi, when practicing Kanji on Ankidroid before revealing the correct writing I tend to draw with my finger the character on the screen. It would be cool if I could actually draw the character. Is that possible?
On the deck list home screen, click the menu button (top right or hardware), then Preferences, Learn.
There, check "enable whiteboard". If you like, change the stroke width or uncheck "monochrome strokes".

If you still can't draw during reviews, there should be an "enable whiteboard" button in the menu during reviews.

Xiao Sun

May 16, 2014, 7:57:49 AM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, awakea...@gmail.com
Yes you can, just turn on "whiteboard" function in preference, then when you review cards, turn it on in the menu.

Hopefully you are not drawing with your fingers.

Charles J. Daniels

May 16, 2014, 1:59:25 PM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Drawing with your fingers is fine, mate. :-p

awakea...@gmail.com

May 16, 2014, 5:00:07 PM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, awakea...@gmail.com
I enabled it in the preferences and on the review screen but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't draw.

Charles J. Daniels

May 16, 2014, 5:06:28 PM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
this may be related to settings such as "simple interface" or "force webview quick update" <-- I blame them for everything even when it's not so -- try to toggle those and see if it works

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, <awakea...@gmail.com> wrote:
I enabled it in the preferences and on the review screen but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't draw.

Tim

May 16, 2014, 5:27:17 PM5/16/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
You might like to try the alpha version for 2.2, the whiteboard is much better behaved there:

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:06:28 AM UTC+9, chajadan wrote:
this may be related to settings such as "simple interface" or "force webview quick update" <-- I blame them for everything even when it's not so -- try to toggle those and see if it works
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, <awakea...@gmail.com> wrote:
I enabled it in the preferences and on the review screen but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't draw.

ospalh

May 17, 2014, 5:09:13 AM5/17/14

Am Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 13:47:50 UTC+2 schrieb ospalh:
 there should be an "enable whiteboard" button in the menu during reviews.
 ... that should look like “” in version <= 2.1

ospalh

May 17, 2014, 5:15:12 AM5/17/14
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, awakea...@gmail.com

There should have been an image.
... look like

awakea...@gmail.com

May 17, 2014, 5:21:08 AM5/17/14

On Friday, 16 May 2014 11:57:57 UTC+1, awakea...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi, when practicing Kanji on Ankidroid before revealing the correct writing I tend to draw with my finger the character on the screen. It would be cool if I could actually draw the character. Is that possible?

Yeah you're right, I missed it in the menu lol.

Thanks for help guys, I can't believe I never knew about the white board!