How do I get my decks from AnkiWeb onto my AnkiDroid app? No Sync button is visible on either of the two. Is there a solution, please? Thank you!

Ryan Whelpdale

Sep 16, 2021, 5:44:52 PM9/16/21
to AnkiDroid
How do I get my decks from AnkiWeb onto my AnkiDroid app? No Sync button is visible on either of the two. Is there a solution, please? Thank you!

Mike Hardy

Sep 17, 2021, 12:44:11 PM9/17/21
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Whelpdale

Hi there

Open the app

Look at the little arrows arranged in a circle (kind of like a recycling icon) on the top button bar on that first screen when you open the app

That's the sync button

-Mike

On 9/16/21 4:44 PM, Ryan Whelpdale wrote:
How do I get my decks from AnkiWeb onto my AnkiDroid app? No Sync button is visible on either of the two. Is there a solution, please? Thank you!

da...@aeolia.co.uk

Sep 18, 2021, 5:07:37 AM9/18/21
to AnkiDroid
Ryan says that there is no sync button visible.  This is something that arose in a fairly recent update: that sync button sometimes simply isn't there.  In my experience this is usually after one has synced the collection and made no further changes on that device.  But, of course, one might have made changes on another device or on AnkiWeb. and therefore need to resync to AnkiDroid.

The solution I have found, which works on both my Samsung tablet and phone, is to swipe from the left of the screen to bring up the menu (Decks, Card browser etc.), then swipe left again to remove the menu.  The sync button is then found at the top of the screen.

David