ngsw-config.json not installed with @angular/service-worker: version 15.0.4

David Harel

Dec 17, 2022, 3:35:17 PM12/17/22
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hey all,

I just upgraded a project of mine to Angular 15 (via fresh project creation using Ionic)
I noticed that the ngsw-config.json file was not installed and also it was not referenced in angular.json file.
Searching those subjects revealed any information regarding this file on Angular 15.

Can I have my project work with the service worker (in the browser developers screen in application tab everything seems fine) regardless of the missing file?

David Harel

Dec 22, 2022, 1:00:58 AM12/22/22
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Obviously, I was wrong, The service worker did not work and what I saw on the browsers application tab was not up to date. I had to unregister the service worker and refresh the page to identify this problem.
Anyway, I copied the older ngsw-config.json file and tailored it into the angular.json file (never had to touch this thing before) and now it is working fine.
Trying not to be lazy, I tried everything again and got the same results so maybe I was looking at a bug.
Also I looked for articles on the subject but all of them were old and at most referred to angular 6.

I hope this piece of information is helpful to anyone.

דוד הראל
עמוקה
ד.נ. מרום הגליל
1380200