Using jQuery With Angular is it best practice and why would you do it?

Alex Brooke

Aug 9, 2019, 6:10:21 AM8/9/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi There,

<<<Disclaimer I am not a developer I am a Project Manager>>>

We are currently building an application in angular and node. Part of our application involves a calendar with a drag and drop functionality where events can be moved between the different days. We have recently found out that the development team has build this functionality by using jQuery instead of Angular.

From what I have researched so far, using jQuery in an Angular platform is bad practice and can make the platform more complicated for management and updates. I haven't found anything on what this impacts on security either but it would be great if anyone can share any feedback with regards to this.

So questions are if anyone can help:

1. Is it possible to build the above functionality in Angular without using jQuery?

2. Is it advised to use jQuery with Angular?

3. Are there any security implications for using jQuery with Angular? (for example also in the scenario if there are scripts that have jQuery libraries even that aren't used on the platform but are contained with another script)

Many Thanks in advance!

Tito

Aug 9, 2019, 8:58:54 AM8/9/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Do the folks you manage know you are posting this question?

Trust your devs' choices especially if you dont have any dev experience

Tito

Aug 9, 2019, 2:11:48 PM8/9/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion

Sander Elias

Aug 14, 2019, 4:29:48 AM8/14/19
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Alex,

1. yes.
2. no, it is not, but there are cases when it's still needed.
3. There are security implications that come with jQuery, as there are with Angular. I'm not aware of an enlarged risk when those are mixed.

Regards
Sander