How to disable "Android is starting" animation

Jijo Joseph

Jun 3, 2019, 9:57:59 AM6/3/19
to android-porting
Hi All,

When the phone boots up just before showing the home screen, I"m getting an animation "Android is starting". Please see the attached file.

Could you please me tell how to get rid of it? Is that something we need to do by changing source or changing any value in any config file?

Regards,
Jijo
animation.png

Jijo Joseph

Jun 4, 2019, 12:35:15 PM6/4/19
to Tranphong Vu, android-porting
Thanks Tranphong!

Could you please let me know where this file is located?

Regards,
Jijo

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 8:09 AM Tranphong Vu <tranphon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jijo ,

You can disable this by replace above animation resource by a black image.

Vào 20:57, T.2, 3 Th6, 2019 Jijo Joseph <jijo.kav...@gmail.com> đã viết:

Tranphong Vu

Yong Ma

Jul 17, 2019, 2:27:01 PM7/17/19
to android-porting
You may set your launcher directBootAware = true.

From android 7.0, the directBootAware feature is added. And after boot animation, it firstly launch an FallbackHome which show "Android is starting", then unlock user broadcast is sent, the FallbackHome will launch your launcher and finish itself.

If your launcher is directBootAware, the FallbackHome will not be launched.

在 2019年6月3日星期一 UTC+8下午9:57:59,Jijo Joseph写道:

Rajvi Kamdar

Oct 11, 2019, 12:19:18 PM10/11/19
to android-porting
Hi Jijo

I am facing the same issue.
Did you get it resolved? Where do we have to post the directbootaware = true flag in the source?

Thanks
Rajvi

This message contains confidential information and is for the intended recipients. If you are not intended recipients you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender or VOLANSYS (www.volansys.com) therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Nurujjaman Pollob

Oct 12, 2019, 2:39:43 PM10/12/19
to android-porting
Try to look at framework source, it will help

Jijo Joseph

Oct 13, 2019, 12:34:36 AM10/13/19
to rajvi....@volansystech.com, android-porting
Hi Rajvi,

I couldn't try the solution. I had found out earlier that the change must be done in the framework. But sadly for me, the changes were not reflecting in the build. The most difficult thing is the build time it takes. After 4-5 hours of waiting, we'll see no difference. I'm sure I'm missing something but my current knowledge is not enough to figure it out. I was trying to build a an OS exclusively for Car. An old phone could be used as a car infotainment system. My knowledge is limited in android. But one thing I'm sure that you'll have to make changes in the framework work base. I'll send you the file name and line in which I made the changes EOD today. As of now my project is in shelf. With limited knowledge i can't take it further. Sorry, i couldn't be of more help.

Regards,
Jijo

Nurujjaman Pollob

Oct 14, 2019, 12:46:17 PM10/14/19
to android-porting
Okay Mention here what you have changed in framework source...