ಮೊದಲು ಓದದ ಸಂದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಸ್ಕಿಪ್ ಮಾಡಿ

Hai Nguyen

ಓದದಿರುವುದು,
ಜೂನ್ 6, 2019, 10:07:59 ಪೂರ್ವಾಹ್ನ6/6/19
ಗೆ android-porting
Hi ALL
Can anyone can tell me why google does't support AC3 format on android?

Below is the all supported media format:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats

In this case, how i can play a video with ac3 audio?

Thanks,
Hai

Tranphong Vu

ಓದದಿರುವುದು,
ಜೂನ್ 6, 2019, 05:40:57 ಅಪರಾಹ್ನ6/6/19
ಗೆ nt.th...@gmail.com,android-porting
Hi Hai Nguyen,
Can anyone can tell me why google does't support AC3 format on android?
>> I don't have the answer for this.
In this case, how i can play a video with ac3 audio?
>> I gues you should develop your AOSP base on the the release from your SOC vendor. Google original does not support this , it's not mean your current AOSP does not support it. Usually AOSP vendor support more codec than original google AOSP because they already have hardware codec for this. You should check it by your self, the above link is for Android Application developer. I remember all your vendor AOSP codec would be mentioned in some file like media_profile.xml , sorry i dig in this along time so i don't remember exactly.

In the case your aosp vendor does not support the codec that you want to have  you must implement this by your self. Of course , this should be a software codec because if your soc has support hardware codec they usually add this to their AOSP. First of all, you can try your luck by dig in to some other android AOSP like cynamod,... may be they already add this, or have some code that you can resue. By the way there are 2 step that you need to implement your codec :
- Implement your software codec.
- Integrate this to your AOSP ( include export this to Application developer)
The most important thing is that you need to have the working flow of a software codec. To do this you can dig in media framework, modify some code to force media framework use software codec instead of hardware codec. Then follow this to see what will you need to do. About the alogrith for your codec, you can refer to linux framework, they usually have this .
Sorry but i only can give you the general step. May be the other already have android AC3 software codec for you.

Vào Th 5, 6 thg 6, 2019 vào lúc 21:07 Hai Nguyen <nt.th...@gmail.com> đã viết:
ಎಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಪ್ರತ್ಯುತ್ತರಿಸಿ
ಲೇಖಕರಿಗೆ ಪ್ರತ್ಯುತ್ತರಿಸಿ
ಫಾರ್ವರ್ಡ್ ಮಾಡಿ