AOSP network switching and GPS issues

Riccardo Ierardi

Sep 6, 2019, 2:47:24 PM9/6/19
to android-porting
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a porting of AOSP Pie for an i.MX8 based device. I'm running into a couple of issues I would like to address.

  1. The device has both Wi-Fi and LTE data connection. When I'm working with LTE everything is fine, then, when I switch from LTE to Wi-Fi by enabling it, it connects, but goes into "Connected, No Internet" state, so the device keeps working on LTE connection. As soon as I turn off manually mobile data, the Wi-Fi switches to "Connected" and it is online with Wi-Fi, then I can connect again to LTE, while using Wi-Fi. I have already disabled the developer feature that forces LTE connection always on and increased priority of Wi-Fi on networkAttributes to overcome mobile data, but it doesn't work. What am I missing?
  2. The module that provides LTE, also provides GNSS functionality. How can I include the GNSS HAL in my build (it seems not to be present)? I'm not yet familiar with the overall building architecture for Android.
If you need more information, just ask.

Thank you for the support.

Riccardo Ierardi

Sep 9, 2019, 2:48:30 PM9/9/19
to android-porting
Hi Everyone, second issue is resolved. Still the first remain.

Thank you

vamsi krishna seethamsetty

Oct 14, 2019, 12:46:17 PM10/14/19
to android-porting
Hi Riccardo,

How did you resolve the second issue? Can you post here.

Thanks
Vamsi