Re: Using ALSA libraries in aosp

Message has been deleted

Clark Kent

Jan 4, 2021, 12:00:53 PM1/4/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Android IS NOT linux

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020, 7:11 AM Rajat Majoka <rajat....@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried using aplay ,arecord and alsaloop on my ubuntu and it worked but now I am using Android open source project (AOSP) android version 11 and i am building a platform app in aosp .So i want to use ALSA binary files like aplay arecord or alsaloop, does somebody knows how to do that?

https://sysplay.in/blog/linux/2019/06/playing-with-alsa-loopback-devices/
I was using ALSA loopback inside ubuntu using the above link.
Thanks

Message has been deleted

Aaron Sinclair

Jan 4, 2021, 5:07:13 PM1/4/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rajat,

You might want to check out tinyalsa (https://github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa) which looks like it has a tool called tinyplay (like aplay) and has support for a loopback device.  It has support for Android.

Good luck!

啊源股

Jan 6, 2021, 11:22:53 AM1/6/21
to android-platform
in android system, you can use tinycap to record sound, tinyplay to play sound, tinymix to config codec.
source code is in external/tinyalsa/