Accessing vendor service in the vendor Audio effect module failure!

Varun B

Jun 24, 2019, 11:10:45 AM6/24/19
to android-platform
I'm trying to access a vendor service, in custom audio effect module. Vendor service is visible in " vndservice list".

All registered effects are loaded using Passthrough implementation of Audio effect service. The snippet of service implemenatation is as below:

int main() {
    android::ProcessState::initWithDriver("/dev/vndbinder");
    android::hardware::joinRpcThreadpool();
    defaultPassthroughServiceImplementation<IEffectsFactory>();
    return 0;;
}

When i try to enable the particular effect which accesses a vendor service internally, defaultServiceManager()-> getService(VENDOR_SERVICE) is getting timeout.

I found that "android::ProcessState::self()->getDriverName()" is still "/dev/binder" inside the custom audio effect module create() api.

Please provide your inputs on how to achieve this.