Does Android follow Java Memory Model?

KUAN-YING CHOU

Oct 19, 2020, 10:56:51 AM10/19/20
to android-platform
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out whether Android follows Java Memory Model. I found an old post stating that it does on Dalvik since Android 4.0[1], but how about ART? Can we apply the rules in JMM(or other reputable resources like Java Concurrency in Practice) to modern Android development?

Glenn Kasten

Oct 21, 2020, 11:26:48 AM10/21/20
to android-platform

KUAN-YING CHOU

Oct 21, 2020, 4:02:53 PM10/21/20
to android-platform
Thanks, but I couldn't find the answer in the linked article, which seems to be also written by fadden originally. Is it 1) Yes, we can apply JMM(JSR133) to Java the language and runtime on recent Android versions, 2) No, it's complicated, or 3) I'm asking the wrong question?