Have any related between OpenGL ES version with libGLESv2.so

seal2002

Sep 18, 2019, 11:14:08 AM9/18/19
to android-ndk

Hello,

I developer some games on Android which is using OpenGLES v2. Now I move to use OpenGLES v3 for some cool effect. When I link my project with OpenGL ES shared object. I realize that android ndk have 3 files libGLESv1_CM.solibGLESv2.so and libGLESv3.so.

So my question is, Have any related between OpenGL ES version with Shared Object? My app is use OpenGL ES 3.0 so I don't need to link libGLESv2.so, do I?

Ex: libGLESv2.so has definition of OpenGL ES 2.x, libGLESv3.so has definition of OpenGL ES v3.x

Thanks,
Seal

seal2002

Nov 11, 2022, 9:18:16 AM11/11/22
to android-ndk
In the end, I found the answer to the article at   Native APIs  |  Android NDK  |  Android Developers
Adding some of my experience with this.
Can only link success OpenGLES 3.2 with native API 24, with API lower, you get the error when link even compiling is okay.

seal2002

Nov 11, 2022, 9:19:37 AM11/11/22
to android-ndk

enh

Nov 11, 2022, 10:38:26 AM11/11/22
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 6:18 AM seal2002 <phann...@gmail.com> wrote:
In the end, I found the answer to the article at   Native APIs  |  Android NDK  |  Android Developers
Adding some of my experience with this.
Can only link success OpenGLES 3.2 with native API 24, with API lower, you get the error when link even compiling is okay.

yes, that's explained at the link you found (https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/stable_apis#opengl_es_10_):

OpenGL ES 1.0 is available since API level 4.

OpenGL ES 2.0 is available since API level 5.

OpenGL ES 3.0 is available since API level 18.

OpenGL ES 3.1 is available since API level 21.

OpenGL ES 3.2 is available since API level 24.