Clang 13 for Android

koola...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2022, 11:29:18 AM1/20/22
to android-ndk
Hi,

NDK 23 uses clang 12 and NDK 24 beta uses clang 14.

We were trying to upgrade from clang 12 to clang 13.

Wanted to check if anyone is aware that clang 13 has been skipped by NDK ? Is there some document or understanding around this ?

We are building our application across platforms and would like to ensure that we use the same version of clang across. Hence the question.

Thanks !

Regards,
Abhishek Mohata

Dan Albert

Feb 10, 2022, 7:19:44 PM2/10/22
to android-ndk
Android doesn't follow upstream releases. In our experience there hasn't been any reason to ship upstream releases. Android LLVM releases are (cautiously) taken from the development branch and we cherry-pick fixes as needed.

The clang version number you see in the NDK is just an approximation. If you run with --version or look at AndroidVersion.txt you'll get more precise information.