transcript GSM calls

Benjamin Lemoine

Nov 29, 2020, 7:07:25 PM11/29/20
to android-ndk
Hello,

A client asked me about having an android app to transcript its GSM calls. After some research im not sure about what is possible or not. My plan was to record the GSM Call (aka : all participant speeches) then send it to the Google Speech-to-text service.  But i don't even know if it is possible to access a GSM audio stream (MediaRecorder maybe?),  if yes how? would it be possible to use this in both cases, when calling and answering?

Do you have any suggestions to do this even in a different way please?

Best regards

Alias R. Cummins

Nov 30, 2020, 12:08:58 AM11/30/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Rather than reinvent the wheel, it might be more cost effective to contact Callsbox and collaborate with them on a translation integration.

On Mon 30 Nov 2020, 02:12 Alias R. Cummins, <alia...@gmail.com> wrote:
This can definitely be done.

Have a look at Callsbox for the recording part.

Google translate have an Api you can access via webservices.

You might not need to dig down as far as the NDK level.

Alias R. Cummins

Benjamin Lemoine

Nov 30, 2020, 5:33:56 PM11/30/20
to android-ndk
Thank you for the link i will try the app. The feature would be an additional part in an already existing organization application, so i don't think we could use callsbox (due to internal privacy policies). Otherwise, i was wondering if it would be possible to use the google voice typing layer to achieve a direct transcription ? The ways i've found until there seems so overkill... Any ideas are welcome.