NDK build error with Cygwin.

Robert Tattorn

Nov 10, 2020, 3:09:55 PM11/10/20
to android-ndk
I am trying to build a shared library for Android from the C++ source files I got. I have setup and configured NDK with Cygwin, and set up my project files correctly. When I run cmd by opening cygwin.bat file and invoking ndk-build, I get these error messages:

/bin/sh: python: command not found
Android NDK: APP_PLATFORM not set. Defaulting to minimum supported version android-16.
make: python: No such file or directory
make: python: No such file or directory
make: python: No such file or directory
make: python: No such file or directory
[arm64-v8a] Compile++      : b3d <= 3ds.cpp
clang++.exe: error: argument to '-o' is missing (expected 1 value)
clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'aarch64-none-linux-android21'
clang++.exe: error: no input files

What could be the problem? Is it in my source code?

Dan Albert

Nov 10, 2020, 3:28:13 PM11/10/20
to android-ndk
Don't use cygwin to run ndk-build. Use ndk-build.cmd.

Alias R. Cummins

Nov 11, 2020, 6:24:41 PM11/11/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Could be anything. My advice is to avoid cygwin and build it on a linux VM

Robert Tattorn

Nov 12, 2020, 3:11:40 AM11/12/20
to android-ndk
Ok, I just used commandline and when trying to build. I get these errors:
error: use of undeclared identifier 'GL_FOG'
error: use of undeclared identifier 'GL_FOG_MODE'
error: use of undeclared identifier 'GL_FOG_START'
error: use of undeclared identifier 'glOrtho'

and some others. I tried everything. I used #include <GLES2/gl2.h>
I even added this in Android.mk:  LOCAL_LDLIBS :=  -llog -landroid -lEGL  -lGLESv2

But still gives these errors. What could be wrong?

Robert Tattorn

Nov 12, 2020, 4:58:40 AM11/12/20
to android-ndk
Ok, I've seen the problem. The library is using desktop OpenGL version and some identifiers are not available in OpenGL-ES.