Complete nube desperately needs help!

Dave pritchard

Jul 15, 2021, 4:33:47 PM7/15/21
to android-ndk
Hi guys,

I have been working in Unreal Engine 4, building a game for the Oculus Quest headset. Everything is pretty much done exept for one thing. I am being told by Oculus that I need to update my SSL library because of various vulnerabilities in older versions.

I have found this tutorial which on the surface seems fairly straight forward however, I have no idea where I should be adding in this code and from where I should run it.

This is the tutorial...

It seems that I need to make a couple of scripts and then run/compile them but to be honest I have no idea if this should be run from the  CMD line tool, or put together in Android studio and compiled there etc. The OpenSSL library is telling me I need PERL but I have no idea why!

If anybody has a better or more thorough tutorial on how to update OpenSSL for android, or can talk me through what this particular tutorial is asking me to do it would really save my neck.

Thank you!

Dave

Dime Bar

Jul 15, 2021, 5:13:52 PM7/15/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You running windows run via cmd prompt

Build the library and then add it to your android studio as a library

enh

Jul 15, 2021, 7:15:24 PM7/15/21
to android-ndk
See https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/02/native-dependencies-in-android-studio-40.html for the easiest and best supported way to do this (in general, but also specifically for OpenSSL).

Dave pritchard

Jul 15, 2021, 10:09:31 PM7/15/21
to android-ndk
Hi, Thanks for the response although I've fallen at the first hurdle.
When entering the very first section...
SCRIPTPATH=`C:\NVPACK`
export ANDROID_NDK_HOME=$C:\NVPACK\android-ndk-r22b
OPENSSL_DIR=$C:\NVPACK\android-ndk-r22b/openssl-1.1.1k

I get the error...
'SCRIPTPATH' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, using the CMD tool in windows, is this correct?
Thanks
Dave

enh

Jul 15, 2021, 10:37:29 PM7/15/21
to android-ndk
that way is definitely going to be too hard.

Dime Bar

Jul 16, 2021, 4:34:12 PM7/16/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good morning

Cmd shell is the correct place. But you are looking at linux instructions.

Try
Maybe it will help you

Dime Bar

Jul 16, 2021, 4:34:12 PM7/16/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ah Ignore that link
It will build you a windows lib not an android one

Let me look again

Dave pritchard

Jul 19, 2021, 3:49:36 PM7/19/21
to android-ndk
Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. Though it seems titles can be submitted with certain vulnerabilities still present I would really like to have everything as clean and secure as possible so really apreciate the help.

Dave