How to get patches list that Android applied to Linux kernel?

Chen Wang

Sep 15, 2020, 12:38:31 AM9/15/20
to Android Linux Kernel Development
hello,
I have one question about Android kernel.
I find it is difficult to compare a Android kernel with corresponding Linux mainline version, due to too many lines of code changes. So I wonder if we can get the patches list info so we can know details about what Android applies on mainline Linux kernel based on patch one by one.

thanks in adv.

Greg KH

Sep 15, 2020, 2:55:05 AM9/15/20
to android...@googlegroups.com
You can do a 'git format-patch vXXX" where XXX is the latest mainline
tag (like v5.4.12 or something), and see them all that way, or you can
look in the https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common-patches repo
which breaks everything out by individual patch and keeps them up to
date in a much easier-to-understand format.

Hope this helps!

greg k-h