How to build only 64 bit or 32 bit so files

Albert Lee

Dec 7, 2020, 11:24:47 AM12/7/20
to Android Building
Hi, everyone,

I want to add some debug logs in some modules, for example `libcameraservice`.  After modifying and compiling, I noticed that 32 and 64 bit libraryies are always built. While I only use 32 or 64 bit files (the camera server is a 32bit process now).

I want to know if there is a way to compile only 32 or 64 bit libraries to speed up the progress?  Since compiling that two not only takes a long time, but also takes up disk space.

I'm appreciated if you can give me some suggestions.

Thanks,
Albert

Wesolowski, Krzysztof

Dec 8, 2020, 2:09:40 PM12/8/20
to Android Building
Both variants are build since you made both available. You can set compile_multilib soong property to specify that native process should be only 64 bit, and then when building it all dependencies would also only build same bitness.

BR, K.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:38:16 PM12/8/20
to Android Building
Hi,

I would also be interested in this for the Hikey 960.

Best,
Kevin

Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2020 10:57 AM

To: Android Building <android-...@googlegroups.com>

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. It was sent from outside of u-blox. ***

Albert Lee

Dec 9, 2020, 10:39:38 AM12/9/20
to Android Building
Hi, BR, K

Thanks for answering.

And another problem, how to do this in Android.mk? Could you please give more hints?

Thanks,
Albert