why would my vendor module's Android.bp be skipped after conversion from Android.mk ?

Robert Dugal

Jan 19, 2018, 1:39:31 PM1/19/18
to Android Building
I am working on converting an Android.mk into an Android.bp for a vendor module that we are porting to 8.1
We had this working on 7.0 and 8.0 but ran into problems when trying to update to 8.1

The only reason I am doing this conversion is because some other system module switched from Android.mk to Android.bp and now it cannot find my vendor module when I build.
From what I can tell it appears my vendor module needs to now use Android.bp in order for the other system module to correctly resolve the dependency for my module.
Someone please correct me if that is not true.

When I build it appears that for some reason my Android.bp file is not being processed at all.
If I put garbage in my Android.bp file no errors are generated when I try "make modules".
If I look in out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja.d I don't see my Android.bp being processed but I see other vendor/qcom/ modules being processed.
If I try to build from my vendor module directory I get the error "ninja: error: unknown target 'MODULES-IN-vendor-..... "
The only way I can seem to get this working is to switch the system module back to using Android.mk but then there are things in Android.bp (vendor_available, vndk, etc.) that I don't know how to replicate with Android.mk

I am confused as to why my Android.bp is not being used.

Wesolowski, Krzysztof

Jan 19, 2018, 3:49:03 PM1/19/18
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Android.bp uses glob patterns instead of recursive search as Android.mk.

So go to top level Android.bp and start digging into subdirs - you will find where the inclusion chain breaks.

BR, K.

Get Outlook for Android

er1m