Build Kernel under Mac OS

Xian Liu

Mar 17, 2021, 11:12:44 AM3/17/21
to Android Building

Hi, i am trying to build AOSP and Kernel under Mac OS for Raspberry Pi. I finished android build under mac os environment, but got problem during kernel build.

  1. problem occurs during repo init. i followed the instruction and got below error message:
    repo init -u https://github.com/android-rpi/kernel_manifest -b arpi-5.10
    fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
    fatal: remote arpi already exists with different attributes
    i checked the default.xml from parent repo and found the kernel/arpi was configured with revision "arpi-5.4.y". i tried to change it
    without success. Any idea why this is happen?
  2. problem occurs during kernel build. i created a directory outside from android folder and repo sync the kernel source code inside it successfully. Afterwards i moved all folder back to android directory for build. But during build i found that in the script build/build.sh is basically configured for linux environment. For example gnome readlink is under mac os greadlink and rm command is used from repo:
    build/build.sh: line 522: /Volumes/android/rpi4-kernel/build/build-tools/path/linux-x86/rm: cannot execute binary file
    i do not want to modify the build.sh in this way to pass my build under mac os, therefore it will be great to have support for build under mac os environment.
    Thanks a lot!
PS: i used the android-rpi repository https://github.com/android-rpi